- Thanks to the hard work of America's 600 coal-fired power plants and the miracle of carbon dioxide and methane, we could see a noticeably warmer climate by 2050 -- maybe even sooner. With your continued support for coal energy, it is only a matter of time before ABECC brings beautiful beachfront property to your landlocked state. Surf's up, Nebraska!
- Mountaintop removal has transformed mountains and hundreds of thousands of acres of forest into smooth, majestic tracts of land, greatly reducing travel time in Appalachia and providing an unobstructed view of convenient highway rest stops.
- China and India have engaged in a fierce battle to surpass America's coal production. As Americans, isn't it our patriotic duty to show the rest of the world that USA is #1 -- in CO2 emissions!
- Even Old St. Nick is pro-coal. Each Christmas, Santa delivers lumps of coal to a very select group of young boys and girls. If we didn't continue to aggressively mine for coal, what would Santa Claus deliver? A handful of wind? Not nice!
- America's coal reserves could last for 200 years. That means we have about 199 years before we have to worry about other sources of energy.
- Texas is the largest coal-consuming and energy-consuming state in the country. Looks like you've got some catching up to do, Rhode Island. Leave a light on tonight!
- A typical train car holds between 115 and 117 tons of coal. If we converted to something insubstantial like solar or wind power, those train cars would have to carry 115 to 117 tons of loneliness. Do you want to be responsible for that?
Our Supporters Speak
Coal's dominance as an affordable source of energy has allowed me to spend more of my money on the things I really need, like heart medicine and expensive tests for mercury poisoning.
-L. Winegar, (early) retired coal plant foreman